Monday, October 22, 2007

Age Shouldn't be mentioned says "HEMA MALINI"














She was far from the madding crowd on her birthday yesterday, but one mention of her age and Hema Malini is perturbed. "Why do you have to remind me how old I am? Age shouldn't mentioned at all, " she chides us. She's enjoying a quick getaway with hubby Dharmendra and daughters Esha and Ahana. "I want to be with my family, Nowadays people celebrate birthdays for other's sake, not for themselves, says Hema Malini.

At 59, she's still every bit the dream girl that she used to be. And her secret to staying evergreen is dance, says Hema. "Dance excites me. Plus, I think I'm still a child at heart and never shy away from letting that child run free. I don't care what people think about the way I act.
Sometimes I act younger than my daughters. But that's when they say, 'Mama,stop it!" she laughts She's planning to give direction another shot, but is irked by reports about the casting for a project in the pipeline. "Pata nahin kahan se wah log Rekha aur Abhisek Bachchan ka naam le aaye. Even the script hasn't been done yet. Only Esha's name is final. "

she confirms.Beside films, the other constant in Hema's life is her dance perfornamces. "I'm performing Durga at the Mysore Palace for Dusshera," she says.

No comments: