Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Vidya Balan waiting to play a completely funny character















Vidya Balan is trying hard to transform her looks and the serious image that she portrays onscreen by making a conscious choice of not only different characters but also different attires and hairstyles.
Watch out for her upcoming flick, Aziz Mirza's Lucky Charm, where she is pitted opposite Shahid Kapoor.

The actress has been playing in serious characters in almost all her ventures right from Parineeta, to Lage Raho Munnabhai, Heyy Babyy and now Bhool Bhulaiyaa. "Makers haven't offered me full fledged comedy roles yet, but I am hopeful that some good director, keeping faith in my comic abilities, would offer me such a role. I am dying to play a completely funny character," says Vidya.

Speaking about her forthcoming venture Halla Bol she says, "The story of this film is actually the journey of a man (Ajay Devgan) from being a reel hero to a real life hero. I play his wife, who stands by him throughout this journey. He stands up for what he believes in, though it is a difficult choice for him to make. I always hold up a mirror for him. There is certain consciousness that my character carries for him. Our families often do that and that is exactly what this girl, Sneha, does for him." Speaking about Ajay Devgan she says, "Undoubtedly he carries a 'serious actor' tag along with him, but he has also done some good comedies, which reflect more often in his off-screen behaviour on the sets when he is forever up to some prank on his co-stars.It was good fun working with him."

Ask her on her being linked to her co-stars John Abraham and now Shahid Kapoor, Vidya admits, "Frankly speaking these rumours troubled me earlier. I used to be very upset and angry. Sometimes I cried along as to why my name is being associated with something that is completely false. Now, I have overcome all that. I realised that as long as I am single my name will always be linked with my male co-stars to create some controversy or the other. It's the cost that we as celebrities have to pay". She signs off.

No comments: